Alumni Award Nominations
Maryland Carey Law seeks nominations for its Annual Alumni Awards every year. Please take advantage of the opportunity to nominate deserving alumni for one of these five awards:
- The Distinguished Graduate Award honors a Maryland Carey Law alumnus/a who has achieved prominence through professional excellence and service to the Maryland community.
- The Benjamin L. Cardin Public Service Award is presented to an alumnus/a who has demonstrated significant and substantial contributions to furthering ideals of public service in the law.
- The Star Award recognizes the unsung heroes among the alumni population. Those alumni who volunteer for Maryland Carey Law behind the scenes with little fanfare, and who are steadfast in their support, loyal in their hearts, and deserving of special recognition.
- The Rising Star Award recognizes a recent graduate (within 10 years) whose exemplary contributions of service and leadership, either professionally or at Maryland Carey Law, have brought credit to the graduate and this institution.
- The Mary Ellen Barbera ’84 Judicial Excellence Award is presented to an alumnus/a who exemplifies the highest standards of judicial excellence, displays extraordinary courage, energy and tenacity in the handling controversial and difficult cases as well as embodies strength of character, service and competence as a jurist, lawyer, and public servant.